What personal information about customers does protein247.com.au gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at protein247.com.au. Here are the types of information we gather:
1. Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
2. Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
3. Email communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from protein247.com.au if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Communication Preferences.
4. Information from other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources.
Does protein247.com.au share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and potentially with subsidiaries of protein247.com.au.
1. Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
2. Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of protein247.com.au customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this we do not give that business your name and address.
3. Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that protein247.com.au, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
4. Protection of protein247.com.au and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of protein247.com.au, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
5. With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Which Information Can I Access?
Protein247.com.au gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with protein247.com.au for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
1. As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
2. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
3. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of protein247.com.au, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Protein247.com.au does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use protein247.com.au only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit protein247.com.au, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Victoria. If you have any concern about privacy at protein247.com.au, please send us a thorough description via our website, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through protein247.com.au or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address when shopping with us) or About You; communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including driver's license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; email address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Top Sellers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our number.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at protein247.com.au include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book etc); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings (including, Delivers, newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favourites).
Should any further information be required about your privacy we are available to assist. In this case we suggest contacting us by email. Thank you.